Foreign investment in Iranian industry and mining sector stood at some $388 million over the first five months of the fiscal year (March 21-August 22) accounting for some 80% of the total foreign investment attracted by the country over the five-month period, report says.
Budget and Planning Department of Iran’s Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade said in a report that the industry sector has received some 97.9% of the mentioned $388 billion of foreign investments with the rest 2.1% going to the mining sector.
The UAE, Turkey, Afghanistan, Hong Kong and Germany were the top five foreign investors in the Iranian industry and mining sectors during the period under review, the report said.
It added that Afghanistan with 22 investors had the biggest number of investors in the Iranian industry and mining sector with Turkey, China, the UAE and Germany ranking second to fifth respectively.
The most foreign investments were made in five provinces of Kerman, Markazi, Tehran, East Azarbaijan and Alborz.
A total of $485 million of foreign investments has been attracted in Iran over the mentioned period.